Friday, November 1, 2013

Big Day

Today has been quite a mix.  After conquering the blank page this morning, (yay) I was notified I did not win a grant I'd been competing for (boo). The decline had a great piece of (positive) feedback on one of my favorite pieces (that I've currently got out as submission to publishers).  I did my portion of voting for the SixFold.org competition.  The short stories I read were interesting and none too painful to partake, so we'll call that a yay.  I surpassed my NaNoWriMo word count for the day before 5 o'clock. (yay) Then I got my first, honest to goodness rejection email on a submission I'd made to a publisher.  (boo) I'd been wondering how I'd take my first rejection.  No tears. More a badge of honor really, as I'm choosing to see it.  I did pop a couple antacids, but I think that's par for the course. Right now I'm debating on whether to print it out and frame it, print it and just stick it in a file, or let it simply sit filed in my email.  Decisions decisions.

Oh, and I also received this beauty in the mail.


It's a 5 inch hand model with Palmistry lines on it!  I'm incredibly excited about this little talisman for my NaNo'ing.  One of my main characters dabbles in the art, and I think she'd get a kick out of the little statue.

That's all for tonight folks.  I've added a NaNo word count widget to the right over there, if you're interested in keeping track of my progress.  Actually, it's there even if you're not interested, so there.  

-Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment